How to prepare your quilt:
* Your quilt backing & batting must be 4-6 inches bigger than your quilt top on all sides. If your backing is not quite big enough, do not add fabric strips to the edges. I can extend the backing using a lightweight tulle fabric that can be trimmed off after quilting.
* Your backing should be pieced before you arrive (if necessary). I recommend pressing the seam open. I can piece the backing for you for a small fee.
* Quilt tops with borders that do not lay flat will be returned unquilted, or, I can remove & reapply your borders for an extra fee. Please use this tutorial to achieve flat borders.
* I carry many kinds of batting on rolls, or you can provide your own. Please keep in mind that packaged batting often has permanent folds that will make your quilt look uneven.
* I use the same color thread on the top & the bottom, with the exception of clear thread.
* Do not baste the layers of your quilt together. Each piece wil be loaded separately on my frame.
* If your quilt top and/or backing are directional, please pin a note marking the center top on each part.